Generating a Cold Wallet
Here is a step-by-step guide for generating an Arweave cold wallet
The following procedure allows you to generate an extremely secure Arweave cold wallet. Using this procedure, your keys will never be exposed to an internet-connected computer before you intend to use your tokens, giving you exceptionally strong guarantees about the security of your AR.
- 2.Once loaded, disconnect your computer from the internet
- 3.Click the [ + ] button in the bottom left
- 4.Click the big "Create new wallet" button in the screen that pops up.
- 5.Write down your passphrase on a piece of paper.
- 6.When the wallet generation step completes, click the "Click to proceed" button.
- 7.Identify your newly created wallet on the next screen and click the "Download" button to download the key file.
- 8.Make copies of this file on multiple offline storage mediums (for example, USB sticks or prints of the file to physical paper). Store these copies securely
- 9.Click the "Delete" button to remove your newly created wallet from the browser.
- 10.Reconnect to the internet